Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Magic?

My colleagues and I get on these weird, ordinary-life discussions. Today, while doing paperwork at my desk, I asked the question of why are they called Magic Markers? What magical properties do they posses? With it, can I levitate my office chair, or make my paperwork disappear, or saw my desk in half then put it back together? One suggestion was "Magic" was a brand name, like Sharpie. That's probably the answer. The other conclusion, which makes more sense to me, is that it's name was derived from it's own properties. If anyone, who has ever worked in an environment with more than one person has noticed, if you have a marker and put it down, *POOF*, it magically disappears.....Hence the term, Magic Marker. Yeah, that's got to be it.

1 Comments:

Blogger lucylocket said...

I love the way your mind works!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home